I have created this blog to document the development of TLCalc and also to explain how some parts of the calculator work. Anyone who reads this is welcome to use the ideas I have posted in their own projects. I most definitely welcome anyone to use the ideas here on Windows Phone calculator since I am looking at getting a Windows phone next but would be hard pushed to go through with it if there isn't a decent scientific calculator on it. At the time I ported the calculator, the ones available were rather limiting but in the year that followed, the situation has now improved. There are probably 3-8 apps I would call acceptable and even surpass what I need for a calculator but bear in mind there are also hundreds of junk calculators flooding the store so finding a good one is rather difficult.
For now, I will introduce you to my calculator... TLCalc
Basically, the calculator allows you to type in equations and the calculator will evaluate them at the end, very similar to a TI-84 graphics calculator. It supports 24 variables, numerous functions, complex numbers, graphing, basic algebraic manipulation and unit conversions. I believe it is self-explanatory to use except for the advance features which I will discuss in future posts.